2011 Drama/Action Rated PG-13 140 Minutes
|In Theaters||September 9, 2011|
|On 4K UHD||October 24, 2017|
|On Blu-ray||December 20, 2011|
|On DVD||December 20, 2011|
An ex-Marine haunted by a tragic past, Tommy Conlon (Tom Hardy) returns to his hometown of Pittsburgh and enlists his father, a recovered alcoholic and his former coach, to train him for an MMA tournament awarding the biggest purse in the history of the sport. As Tommy blazes a violent path towards the title prize, his brother, Brendan, (Joel Edgerton) a former MMA fighter unable to make ends meet as a public school teacher, returns to the amateur ring to provide for his family after being suspended from his day job. Even though years have passed, recriminations and betrayals keep Brendan bitterly estranged from both Tommy and his father.
But when Brendan's unlikely rise as an underdog sets him on a collision course with Tommy, the two brothers must finally confront the forces that tore them apart, all the while waging the most intense, winner-takes-all battle of their lives.
Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense mixed martial arts fighting, some language and thematic material.
Box office gross: $13.6 million. View box office history.
Released by Lionsgate. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Warrior' dominates on 4K UHD
- Best movies of 2016 that you don't know about yet: John's list
- Classic Hollywood rules Oscars as 'The Artist', 'Hugo' are big winners
- 'Hugo' scores big with 11 Oscar nominations
- Quentin Tarantino shares his favorite films from 2011
- We grill the experts at AwardsCircuit.com for Oscar answers