2009 Drama Rated PG-13 128 Minutes
|In Theaters||November 20, 2009|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||March 23, 2010|
|On DVD||March 23, 2010|
Michael Oher, a homeless African-American youngster from a broken home, is taken in by the Touhys, a well-to-do white family who help him fulfill his potential. At the same time, Oher's presence in the Touhys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own. Living in his new environment, the teen faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome. As a football player and student, Oher works hard and, with the help of his coaches and adopted family, becomes an All-American offensive left tackle.
Rated PG-13 for one scene involving brief violence, drug and sexual references.
Box office gross: $255.9 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'The Founder' is an Americana delight
- Exciting trailer for Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks' new film
- Oscar Watch: 'Moneyball' strikes out
- Ten surefire A-listers by 2015, plus one wild card
- The reports on the demise of Blu-ray & DVD are greatly exaggerated
- Top movies, people and news on our site in 2010