2012 Romance/Comedy Rated PG-13 94 Minutes
|In Theaters||May 25, 2012|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||October 16, 2012|
|On DVD||October 16, 2012|
Moonrise Kingdom is a whimsical coming-of-age story, directed by six-timeAcademy Award -nominated filmmaker Wes Anderson (The Royal Tenenbaums, Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Grand Budapest Hotel). Set on an island off the coast of New England in the summer of 1965, Moonrise Kingdom tells the story of two 12-year-olds who fall in love, make a secret pact, and run away together into the wilderness. As various authorities try to hunt them down, a violent storm is brewing off-shore -- and the peaceful island community is turned upside down in every which way. Bruce Willis plays the local sheriff, Captain Sharp. Edward Norton is a Khaki Scout troop leader, Scout Master Ward. Bill Murray and Frances McDormand portray the young girl's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Bishop. The cast also includes Tilda Swinton, Jason Schwartzman, and Bob Balaban; and introduces Jared Gilman and Kara Hayward as Sam and Suzy, the boy and girl.
Rated PG-13 for sexual content and smoking.
Box office gross: $45.5 million. View box office history.
Released by Focus. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: Universal debuts spectacular multi-film collections
- Ben Affleck, 'Argo' get last laugh at the Oscars
- 'Argo' and 'Les Mis' are big winners at the Golden Globes
- 'Lincoln' scores a leading 12 Oscar nominations
- 'Argo' and 'Les Mis' are big winners at Golden Globes
- Oscar Watch: AFI names its top 10 films of 2012