2013 Fantasy/Drama/Family Rated PG 127 Minutes
|In Theaters||March 8, 2013|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||June 11, 2013|
|On DVD||June 11, 2013|
Disney's fantastical adventure "Oz The Great and Powerful," directed by Sam Raimi, imagines the origins of L. Frank Baum's beloved character, the Wizard of Oz. When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he's hit the jackpot-fame and fortune are his for the taking-that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone's been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity-and even a bit of wizardry-Oscar transforms himself not only into the great and powerful Wizard of Oz but into a better man as well.
Rated PG for sequences of action and scary images, and brief mild language.
Box office gross: $234.9 million. View box office history.
Released by Disney. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Guardians of Oz' breathes new life into old tale
- Full Tomorrowland trailer is intriguing
- UPDATED: Monday Morning Mixer: Yo, 'Joe!' ('Pineapple Express 2' trailer)
- Project 52: 'Oz: The Great and Powerful'
- Monday Morning Mixer: 'Oz' continues its March Madness
- Monday Morning Mixer: Return to 'Oz' is profitable