2013 Comedy Rated R 104 Minutes
|In Theaters||August 23, 2013|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||November 19, 2013|
|On DVD||November 19, 2013|
Twenty years after attempting an epic pub crawl, five childhood friends reunite when one of them becomes hellbent on trying the drinking marathon again. They are convinced to stage an encore by mate Gary King, a 40-year old man trapped at the cigarette end of his teens, who drags his reluctant pals to their hometown and once again attempts to reach the fabled pub – The World’s End. As they attempt to reconcile the past and present, they realize the real struggle is for the future, not just theirs but humankind’s. Reaching The World’s End is the least of their worries.
Rated R for pervasive language including sexual references.
Box office gross: $25.8 million. View box office history.
Released by Universal and Focus. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Gasp! Edgar Wright no longer directing Marvel's 'Ant-Man'
- Trailers gone wild, it's time for a change
- 'The World's End' new & improved trailer - now with robots!
- 'The World's End' trailer promises a night you won't remember
- Best movies of 2013 that you don't know about yet: John's list
- Monday Morning Mixer: Chilly opening for 'Ice Age'