2015 Drama/Action Rated PG-13 133 Minutes
|In Theaters||November 25, 2015|
|On 4K UHD||June 23, 2016|
|On Blu-ray||March 1, 2016|
|On DVD||March 1, 2016|
Adonis Johnson (Jordan) never knew his famous father, world heavyweight champion Apollo Creed, who died before he was born. Still, there’s no denying that boxing is in his blood, so Adonis heads to Philadelphia, the site of Apollo Creed’s legendary match with a tough upstart named Rocky Balboa.
Once in the City of Brotherly Love, Adonis tracks Rocky (Stallone) down and asks him to be his trainer. Despite his insistence that he is out of the fight game for good, Rocky sees in Adonis the strength and determination he had known in Apollo—the fierce rival who became his closest friend. Agreeing to take him on, Rocky trains the young fighter, even as the former champ is battling an opponent more deadly than any he faced in the ring.
With Rocky in his corner, it isn’t long before Adonis gets his own shot at the title…but can he develop not only the drive but also the heart of a true fighter, in time to get into the ring?
Rated PG-13 for violence, language and some sensuality.
Box office gross: $109.7 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- 'Spotlight' steals Leo's glow at the Oscars
- 'The Revenant' leads Oscars nominations with 12, 'Mad Max' nabs 10
- Monday Mixer: Rest in Peace David Bowie
- 'The Revenant' & 'The Martian' poised for Oscar showdown after Globes wins
- Our top 10 movie trailers of 2015 are...
- 'Carol' leads an even race with five Golden Globe nominations