1978 Science Fiction/Action Rated PG 143 Minutes
|On 4K UHD||November 6, 2018|
|On Blu-ray||November 28, 2006|
|On DVD||May 1, 2001|
Decades before blockbuster Extended Cuts were common, Superman proved a true "Man of Tomorrow." Superman: The Movie received an ahead-of-its-time makeover for its television premiere -- nearly 40 more minutes of story, creating a two-night television event. Audiences had already been swept off their feet by Christopher Reeve's Last Son of Krypton, and now there was more to enjoy. Unseen in decades, this version is paired here with Richard Donner's definitive vision of his film, the Special Edition Director's Cut (2000), to create a supersized celebration of Metropolis' favorite son that preserves the director's intent while feeding superfan demands.
Box office gross: $134.2 million.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'The Banana Splits' is a groovy, gory time
- Review: 'Hellboy Animated' films look good on 4K
- Review: 'Superman' flies magnificently onto 4K
- Review: 'The Punisher' on 4K is a rare glimpse at early Marvel
- DC's film universe is starting to make waves of its own
- What EW got wrong: 10 movies kids must see before becoming a teen