2002 Fantasy/Adventure Rated PG-13 179 Minutes
|In Theaters||December 18, 2002|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||November 9, 2010|
|On DVD||August 26, 2003|
Frodo and Sam continue their journey to Mordor and can't get there quickly enough. The longer Frodo keeps the ring, the more it harms him. The once honest and innocent hobbit begins to feel the nasty weight of his task. The second installment from the J.R.R. Tolkien trilogy boasts new lands, new creatures and new battles.
Rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences and scary images.
Box office gross: $340.5 million. View box office history.
Released by New Line. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Film Funnies #1: If 'Say Anything' took place in 2010 -- and much more
- Brits name 'The Empire Strikes Back' as top sequel
- Trailer for 'Eclipse' shows violent side of Twilight franchise
- Final 'Harry Potter' book to be split into two movies -- Where should it be cut?
- CNN selects the best (and worst) movie battle scenes
- New 'Lord of the Rings' DVD sets coming in Aug.