2005 Fantasy/Adventure/Comedy/Family Rated PG 106 Minutes
|In Theaters||July 15, 2005|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||October 4, 2011|
|On DVD||November 8, 2005|
Willy Wonka, the eccentric owner of a candy factory, decides to open up his factory to five lucky kids who won a contest by finding golden tickets in his candy bars.
As the tour progresses, each kid succumbs to a temptation of their weaknesses except for Charlie Bucket, an innocent child whose family has grown up in poverty in the shadow Willy Wonka's monstrous factory.
Rated PG for quirky situations, action and mild language.
Box office gross: $206.5 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Remaking 'Sister Act'? Hollywood needs to kick the habit
- Five Bad Films: Directors We Love
- We've got the Iron-clad list of the top ten movies of 2010
- Johnny Depp, Tim Burton reunite for musical
- 'Brokeback Mountain' leads this year's Oscar nominations
- Man in black, 'Brokeback' big winners at Golden Globes