'Son of the Mask,' Jessica Simpson top nominees for 2005's worst
Posted Monday, January 30, 2006 at 2:48 PM Central
by Tim Briscoe
Tuesday morning we'll hear the nominations for this year's Academy Awards, the best in motion picture excellence. Today we get the Razzies, the awards for Hollywood's worst in 2005.
Son of the Mask led all nominees with eight nods, followed closely by The Dukes of Hazzard with seven nominations. Individually, the biggest targets were Tom Cruise, Jessica Simpson, and Jenny McCarthy.
The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation (they are to the Razzies what the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is to the Oscars) has even added a new category this year, Most Tiresome Tabloid Target, which "salutes the celebs we're all sick and tired Of." Amazingly, couch-hopping Tom Cruise was named twice for the new award.
Here are some of the highlighted categories. For a full list, see razzies.com.
- Tom Cruise, War of the Worlds
- Will Ferrell, Bewitched and Kicking & Screaming
- Jamie Kennedy, Son of the Mask
- The Rock, Doom
- Rob Schneider, Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
- Jessica Alba, Fantastic 4 and Into the Blue
- Hilary Duff, Cheaper by the Dozen 2 and The Perfect Man
- Jennifer Lopez, Monster-In-Law
- Jenny McCarthy, Dirty Love
- Tara Reid, Alone in the Dark
Most Tiresome Tabloid Targets
- Tom Cruise & His Anti-Psychiatry Rant
- Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Oprah Winfreyís Couch, The Eiffel Tower & "Tomís Baby"
- Paris Hilton and... Who-EVER!
- Mr. & Mrs. Britney, Their Baby & Their Camcorder
- The Simpsons: Ashlee, Jessica & Nick
This is the 26th year for these anti-Oscars. Winners will be announced Mar. 4, the eve of the Academy Awards.